Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Give LOVE!

For my February donation, I sponsored a chemo patient for Valentine's.

Cancer is something that hits home for many of us, with growing numbers of people affected each year. I lost both of my grandfather's to cancer and Justin's mom, Linda, passed away in June 2009 from lung cancer that eventually spread to her brain and spine. There's not a day that goes by that we don't think of or miss them and we cherish all of our beautiful memories from thier all to short time with us here on earth.


As many of you know, my father was diagnosed with cancer on his tonsil and his lymphnode in February of 2010. There is nothing scarier than a cancer diagnosis. It was an emotional journey to recovery for both my father and our entire family. We were in the lucky percentage, however. My father was able to endure the physically exhausting process of radiation and chemotherapy and he is now two years later considered "cancer free".



"Cancer free"--Those are perhaps the most magical and priceless words one can ever hear. If you or a loved one have been touched by this terrible disease, you completely understand what I mean. Chances are, we all have someone close to us who has been affected, and there are so many people fighting for their lives through the rigorous treatments every day.

That's why, when I saw a friend post on Facebook looking for sponsors for chemo patient's for Valentine's Day, I chose to donate. I've seen firsthand how cancer affects not only the patient but the entire family and one of the most difficult, but vitally important things, is keeping spirits high.

Here's a thought for this Valentine's Day: Give LOVE, in a different way. Instead of flowers or candy or sweet nothings that let's be honest we don't really need.... join me in donating $10 (much less than you likely would've spent anyhow) to sponsor a chemo patient instead! It's quick and easy and so much more worth it! ♥

Donate here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/mid/rnr12/mdwyero3mh#My-Fundraising-Page

No comments:

Post a Comment