Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The FIRST supper

We've been in the house for two weeks tomorrow, so I've decided I'll do just a little backtracking so as not to leave anything out. I plan to try to post daily, if life allows.

We moved in on a Thursday, eating at moms before moving our bed. So Friday, after we picked up Jacie, I decided it was time for our first official meal in our new home. So Friday night, our first supper was spaghetti!




The next day, we had family over to celebrate both Jacie and Justin's Maw Maw Beym's birthdays! We were thrilled that we could host our first official family gathering, and this was the first time anyone would visit after we were all moved in. The menu for the day was centered around mom's delicious shrimp jambalaya (which I've not yet learned to make). To accompany that, I made pasta salad, corn, dinner rolls, homemade pepperoni and cheese pizzas (I bought the dough already made) and some cream cheese and pepperjelly with ritz crackers for an appetizer. We also had an amazing fresh fruit bread pudding that my dad made and a birthday cake! It turned out to be a great day and we all enjoyed ourselves very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment